Monday, August 27, 2007

Winter Accordian Card

This was so much fun to make. It's hard to see the dimensions of it being a 2 dimensional photo but I will try to point a few of them out. On the first panel, the snowballs are all attached with Stampin Dimensionals which is a 3D type of adhesive making the snowballs 'pop' off the card stock a little. The snow at the bottom of the snow men's feet is Liquid Applique which has been heated with a heat gun to 'fluff it up'. The snowman on the 3rd panel is behind a transparent window that was made with clear packing tape and then the sticky side covered with Stampin' Up's Dazzling Diamond glitter. The frame is also popped up with the Stampin Dimensionals. The trees on the last panel were stamped on Designer Series Paper 'Wintergreen' pack and then cut out with a craft knife and adhered to the white background. I had seen the accordion card made on Splitcoaststampers.com but with a different stamp set. So I thought I would create my own take on this idea. Stamp set is 'It's snow time'. Card stock is Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. Maybe I will have to hold a class on this one.


No comments: